AjéMart is a unique platform that aims to connect buyers directly to sellers of locally farmed and locally made products. Both buyer and seller safety are extremely important to us and so we’ve come up with a few guidelines to help you transact carefully.
Don’t Pay before you’re sure
Before any payment is made, it is important that the seller can demonstrate that they meet your supply request with items that are the quality you’re expecting. Here are some ways you can verify quality:
- Meet the Seller in person: Meeting sellers in person allows you to inspect their goods and ensure that they meet your quality standards before you pay
- Order through AjéMart: We know it’s not always convenient to meet sellers directly, when you order through AjéMart we help ensure make sure that your order goes through safely and successfully.
Keep your information safe
Your personal and financial information are very valuable, so do not share them with anyone for any reason. No one at AjéMart will ask for your personal information and you should always keep it safe.
Information that should be kept confidential are:
- Originals and copies ID’s: such as drivers license, state ID card, voter registration, passport information etc
- Bank Information: such as ATM card numbers, pin numbers and codes, hard or soft tokens etc
- Personal information: such as passwords, security codes, mother’s maiden name etc
Be Wary of Scams
Like any platform, sometimes people join to try to take advantage of the system. There are many different types of scams, but here are some basic ways to protect yourself:
- Be wary of offers that sound too good to be true. If prices are too low, or there are outlandish promises, it’s most likely a scam.
- Fake Fee Requests: Avoid any seller who requests fees that are not listed on the AjéMart site. AjéMart does not charge import or brokerage fees through sellers. Sellers should NEVER charge additional fees other than for delivery of merchandise.
- Report Scammers: The best way to keep the platform safe for everyone is to report abuse. You can email us at [email protected] with any issues you have with a seller and we will help to resolve it
Fake Payment Services: DO NOT use payment services that you are not familiar with and make sure you do research on any payment service that a seller recommends.
Trust your instincts
The best advice that we can give is to trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right about a transaction, do not continue.
Still have questions?
We’re always happy to help! Please email us at [email protected]